I am currently debating the Top Ten All-Time songs with a friend. I came up with the following, but I'm struggling to stay objective. For example, I don't think Gimme Shelter is All-Time, but I love the song. So, maybe this list should just be Mel's All-Time Favs:
1. Stones -- Gimme Shelter
2. Ray Charles -- What'd I say
3. Paul McCartney -- Maybe I'm Amazed
4. Beach Boys -- Good Vibrations
5. Chris Cornell -- Fell on Black Days
6. Tammy Wynette -- Stand by Your Man
7. Public Enemy -- Fight the Power
8. Eminem -- Lose Yourself
9. Amy Winehouse -- Back to Black
10. White Stripes -- Seven Nation Army
This is definitely a work in progress. I cannot just leave it because I am CONSTANTLY hearing songs that I have forgotten about.
I would love to hear your thoughts, ideas and opinions! Do you agree with any of my picks? Are you passionate about any of your own? Are you insistent that Ignition Remix be on this list?